INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNTIES WITH MILWAUKEE ACHIEVER
|Responsible for planning and coordinating the logistics of one-day events or activities with our members and corporate partners.|
|Collaborating with all program sites and corporate partners to ensure a meaningful experience.|
|Assist with administrative aspects of event planning such as selecting the site/location, creating event timelines, budget and agenda.|
|Assist with corporate sponsorships solicitations including: researching relevant businesses, creating sponsorship packets and making follow up phone calls and emails.|
PROGRAM DATES & HOURS
Milwaukee Achieverâs internship program runs year round with new sessions beginning every four months and can continue up to a year in length.
Fall Term: September - December
Spring Term: January - May
Summer Term: June - August
Individual start and end dates may vary.
Apply 1-2 months before the term begins.
Hours: 15-20 hours per week.
- Volunteer management skills a plus.
- Very strong interpersonal skills preferred.
- Experience in event planning is preferred.
- Knowledge of local businesses a plus.
- Experience in sales and/or fundraising a plus.
- Demonstrate proven leadership skills(willingness to take initiative).
All Milwaukee Achiever Literacy Services, Inc. internships are unpaid. Though this position is unpaid, we believe it would be ideal for individuals who are looking for hands-on experience in event planning, volunteer management and/or sponsorship solicitation. Interns will have the ability to attend trainings/workshops offered to Milwaukee Achiever staff members. Upon successful completion the Intern will receive a letter of recommendation.
- Familiarize yourself with Milwaukee Achiever Literacy Services, Inc. by visiting MilwaukeeAchiever.org.
- Complete the following survey questions:
- Describe why you want to be an intern at Milwaukee Achiever Literacy Services, Inc. and how an internship would help you to achieve your career goals.
- Describe any skills or other internship related qualifications that would support your application.
- What skills do you wish to learn or enhance during your internship?
- Send your cover letter and resume.
- Include any supporting materials.
- Send application and materials to: